What’s worse than contemplating the impending chill of a Wisconsin winter? Contemplating how you’ll face it without a warm winter coat. Sadly, many of our neighbors who have difficulty making ends meet are facing just such a scenario.
But there’s a way you and your family can help: HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital, King’s Closet, and Redeeming Grace Church are collecting winter coats and blankets through Sept. 30.
Do you have items that are in clean, wearable condition that you’d like to donate? Drop them off at Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 W. Clairemont Ave., inside the hospital’s main entrance near the information desk or at the north colleague entrance.
King’s Closet, 310 S. Barstow St., will also accept donations on Thursdays from 10am-5pm. Items collected will be distributed to those in need from 9am-3pm on Saturday, Oct. 7, at Redeeming Grace Church, 312 S. Barstow St. (Please note: The distribution won’t be at Sacred Heart.)
Items needed include:
- Great need for children and infant size coats, hats, mittens, scarves, and boots.
- Great need for adult coats, sizes XL, XXL, and XXXL.
- Winter coats and snowsuits.
- Adult size hats, mittens, scarves, and boots.
- Blankets for infants, children, youth, and adults.