The Great Big Hullabaloo will be a dynamic day of kid-centric and family-focused fun on Saturday, June 1, at the Pablo Center at the Confluence in Eau Claire. Expect an interactive whirlwind day of music, art, science, technology, theater, dance, and performances in 10 major spaces of the Pablo Center – all geared for creative, curious, community-loving kids and their grownups! The brand-new event is sponsored by Volume One, Chippewa Valley Family, and Associated Bank.
No joke – we’re taking over the Pablo Center. At The Great Big Hullabaloo, children will discover an array of enriching experiences ranging from experimentation with the sounds of musical instruments to producing a community art masterpiece to dancing off energy in the “kid disco” to quiet moments with a scientific challenge and so much more – more than we can even fit on this page! Plus, a portion of all ticket proceeds go to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eau Claire.
Basic Info & Tickets
WHEN: Saturday June 1, 10am-4pm
WHERE: Pablo Center at the Confluence, 128 Graham Ave., Downtown Eau Claire
WHO: Families, kids, adults
Kids (3-12): $7
Adults (13+): $15
Kids 2 and under – FREE
BUY ONLINE: ChippewaValleyFamily.org/hullabaloo
Note: All children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
A number of live performances are included with your ticket! The Great Big Hullabaloo will feature fantastic performances throughout the day ...
- Jump into a hilarious science comedy show from celebrated performers In Capable Hands.
- Watch a one-of-a-kind music video and performance by quirky kids performer Beth Jean.
- Enjoy dance performances from the award-winning Diamond School of Dance.
- Rock out at a Girls Rock Band performance (a band of local middle school and high school students).
- Take in a performance from the talented Chippewa Valley Youth Chorus.
- Get inspired by a showcase of kid stars from the Eau Claire Children’s Theatre.
- Settle in for story time provided by area public libraries.
- And don’t miss thrilling, roving performances from Weapons of Brass Destruction and the Memorial High School Band.
Five ‘Districts’ of Fun
The Great Big Hullabaloo will sprawl across five “districts” – large, special areas set up throughout the Pablo Center. If kids visit all five districts and get stamps on their special passport, they’ll get to choose a prize!
1. MUSIC DISTRICT
- Belt out a big tune in the karaoke lounge.
- Dance your butt off in the Kid Disco.
- Visit the Instrument Petting Zoo and experiment with their sounds with help from the Eau Claire Music School and Memorial High School Orchestra.
- Enjoy a mini music lesson with the Eau Claire Music School.
- Craft your very own instrument with Blugold Beginnings.
2. ARTS DISTRICT
- Paint a picture by steering a robot around your canvas – with help from Blugold Beginnings.
- Get creative with make-n-take projects from your local ArtMobile.
- Pitch in on a community cardboard sculpture with amazing local artist Ray Kassaleu.
- Keep it colorful as you paint on silk with local artist Erin O’Brien.
- Build a birdhouse with your family (with help from 4H kids).
- Create string art (with help from 4H kids).
3. TECHNOLOGY DISTRICT
- Interact with green screen television tech from Valley Media Works.
- Crash and zoom a Sphero Ball robot through an obstacle course*.
- Test your smarts in a Lego Robotics battle*.
- Spark your imagination as you experiment with circuits*.
*Activities provided and run by Blugold Beginnings
4. THEATER DISTRICT
- Act it out with theater arts training from the Eau Claire Children’s Theatre and Chippewa Valley Theatre Guild.
- Take a seat for a fun performance in the RCU Theatre.
- Dress up in costumes from the Eau Claire Children’s Theatre and strike a pose in the photo booth courtesy of Laci Eberle Photography.
5. SCIENCE DISTRICT
- Dive into the Mayo Clinic Health System Gross-ology Exhibit.
- Keep it healthy with a teddy bear check-up with Marshfield Clinic.
- Conduct fascinating science experiments with the Children’s Museum of Eau Claire’s special “Let’s Do Chemistry” exhibit.
- Work with magnets, prisms, and rainbows at Lilly Pad Lab’s “Science of Colors for Curious Kids” exhibit.
- Make your own bouncy ball, bath bomb, or UV bracelet with Blugold Beginnings.
Even more activities and performances will be added soon!
Prizes and Make-and-Take Projects
Various activities at The Great Big Hullabaloo will allow kids to craft special items to keep. Plus, Marshfield Clinic will offer kids a Wellness Teddy Bear in their teddy bear check-up exhibit – while supplies last! Also ...
- Make a rain stick with Blugold Beginnings.
- Create a Sphero Ball painting with Blugold Beginnings.
- Make a String Art piece on wood with 4H.
- Build a bird house with 4H.
- Create projects with the ArtMobile.
- Craft a UV Bracelet, a Bath Bomb, or a Bouncy Ball with Blugold Beginnings.
Don’t miss the most dynamic day of kid-centric and family-focused fun to ever hit the Chippewa Valley! Learn more online at ChippewaValleyFamily.org/hullabaloo.