Spring has sprung. And with 49 state parks, more than 500 boat launches, 15 state forests, 44 state trails, more than 5,000 campsites, and much more – your adventure awaits. As the season began, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources announced several State Park System updates. Starting April 30, the following changes will be implemented:
- Observation towers and playgrounds will be open.
- Volunteer group sizes will be increased to 50 people.
- Capacity for open-air shelters, amphitheaters, and outdoor group campgrounds will be increased to 100 people.
- In addition, the following amenities continue to be available to state park visitors:
- Family camping (100% reservable with auto check-in).
- Outdoor group camping, maximum capacity of 100 people (100% reservable with auto check-in).
- Bathroom and dump station facilities.
- Accessible cabins.
- Drive-up window service.
- Concessions, including firewood sales.
Learn more about Wisconsin’s State Park System at dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/Parks.